Dance Training Videos
A Progressive dance Lesson Series Online
- Michael’s dance training videos are for everyone: Couples, singles, and groups
- Each lesson is progressive to develop your personal and partnership movement.
- Each lesson has a Spotify playlist for you to practice with.
- Each video demonstrates a dance exercise with students Mike and Diana learning in real time.
- Each video concludes with a student discussion about their experience.
Michael’s voiceover highlights insights and guidance throughout the video.
- Take the time to learn and play with each exercise. Allow your body to develop your natural physical language and feel good!
Michael defines the principles of Flow Fluently dance philosophy. Meet the dancers leading the progressive dance training video series.
8 exercises to establish your relationship with each of the 5 players of dance, learning to dance freely, independently and in partnership.
The Four Elements
All movement is simplified into four elements, the most basic building blocks. The Four Elements are Horizontal, Vertical, Tilt, and Left or Right Rotation.
Horizontal is the 1st element of movement, moving intentionally through space in parallel relation to the earth.
Vertical is the 2nd element, moving up or down through space. Tilt is the 3rd element, rotating in space like a teeter-totter, your lower half goes in the opposite direction of your upper half.
Left/Right Rotation is the 4th and last element of movement. You rotate like a swivel, left or right.
To achieve fluidity, synergize all four elements into each move. Fluid movement feels best and is the most articulated. It is the pinnacle of movement.
Fundamentals To Flow
Lesson 6 | Boogie & Forward/Backward MovesBoogie and Forwards or Backwards moves are the first two of 17 root moves. Use Boogie to groove and Forwards or Backwards to travel. Boogie is moving and dancing in place. Compare it to idling your car engine, your vehicle...
Lesson 7 | Side MovesThe third root move, Side Moves, is moving sideways, as many moves as you'd like.
Lesson 8 | SpinsSpins, the fourth root move, are the biggest trick in the book. You quickly rotate your 360 degrees to feel the spin. Let's explore Spin City.