Private Dance Lessons
Private Introductory Lesson
Learn to freely dance in partnership and the essentials to Flow
Become completely competent in partnership dance, feeling good, looking good, and having fun, always.
Develop your flow as you progress through the below training sections. (Tricks are optional)
4 Elements of Movement
3-5 lessons – Train to move fluidly, independently and in partnership.
After completing the 4 Elements, group classes become available. They are free and unlimited while taking private lessons, and $15/person if not. Learn more here »
Fundamentals to Flow
6-8 Lessons – Learn spins, dips, and more, moving and dancing freely in partnership.
3-5 Lessons – Learn exciting, head-turning moves.
6-12 Lessons – Learn specific timings and specific moves to organize a stronger connection with your dancing.
3-5 Lessons – Integrate your tricks with specific timings and moves.
1-2 Lessons – Fluidly change your dance fiming to express the music.
Presence, Personality & Style
1-2 Lessons – Feel how to move originally in the moment and let your style flourish.
Learn dance as a complete physical language, and it feels so good!
95 – 285 Private Lessons
After completing your Discovery, the Fluency program is totally personalized to meet your individual goals. Some students like a simple overview of the language and others like a more in-depth training. Some like to focus on specific dance styles and others like to feel their training out.
With this training, you will:
- Master your movement, musicality, and style, moving and dancing as creatively as you can imagine.
- Intricately connect, communicate, and create in partnership, comparative to a verbal conversation.
- Become a fluid, thrilling, and powerful dancer; you feel and look amazing.
- Develop the freedom to always feel your flow.
(Optional) Incorporate different dance styles into your training, i.e. Waltz, Swing, Salsa, Tango, etc.
Fluency Course: The 5 Players of Dance
Self | Earth | Music | Environment | Partner
We develop flow with each player using Building Blocks to structure our relationship and Principles to strengthen our relationship.
- Self Building Blocks: 3-9 Lessons
- Partnership Building Blocks: 3-12 Lessons
- Self Principles: 3-6 Lessons
- Earth Principles: 10-20 Lessons
- Partnership Principles: 16-33 Lessons
- Music Principles: 4-45 Lessons
- Environmental Building Blocks and Principles: 1-4 Lessons
- Edgy Root Moves: Check, Grapevine, and Rock: 6-15 Lessons
- 3/4 Music Timing – Let’s Waltz: 6-12 Lessons
- Flash Root Moves: Pivot, Point, Jump, and Lift: 5-19 Lessons
- Fluid Root Moves: Side Cross and Forwards/Backwards Cross: 5-15 Lessons
“Dancing with Michael at Flow Studios has been really transformative for us as individuals as well as a couple the last year and a half. I used to be terrified and dancing…Now it’s one of the things we look forward to on a weekly basis.
The ability to get out of our heads and get into our body and allow ourselves to really connect with ourselves as individuals and as a couple. To connect to the music and really relax and decompress for the day.
It’s great to have an outlet for creative expression. You’re learning how to express who you are individually and as a couple…through our bodies to whatever music we hear at any place and any time. It’s been so vulnerable but also so liberating to have guidance through this”
—Connor and Hannah